Mastectomy Time

     I healed from my last chemo,  through October.  It was pretty uneventful. I met with my surgeon on the 24th of October,  and she scheduled my surgery for November 4th. I had a sentinel lymph node biopsy and a modified radical mastectomy.  Plus I had my port removed as well.
     The surgery went fine.  I stayed the night in the hospital.  Went home in the late afternoon the next day.  I have a drain tube still.  That's been real fun.  I keep getting clots in it that I have to strip out.  The drain is disgusting but I deal with it.  John has helped me with it. 
     I have taken three showers in a week.  I have to cover up my drain tube on my body so it's kind of a pain in the ass . The hospital did give me some sticky covers for it so that was a big help.  I use a shoestring around my neck to hang the drain lol.  Hey it works!
     I still drain about 50cc in a 24 hour period, so i can't get it out yet.  Only if it goes to 30cc in a 48 hour period.  Ugh .  I'm still swollen.  Under my arm pit. 
     The scarring and whatnot is hideous. I have extra skin saved for my reconstruction surgery.  So it looks funky.  A roll of fat with a horizontal incision scar, where my boob used to be.  Yuck.  But i deal .
     It hurts to put my arm flat on my side.  I have a scar from an incision under my arm pit.  That's where they took my lymph nodes. So no deodorant under that arm.  Stinky lol. 
     I have pain in my right arm.  That's the side my surgery was on.  If its not better by morning I will call my Dr.  Just to make sure its not something crazy going on.  Other than that I'm doing just fine.  It's still surreal but what can I do .
Ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You do have a lump

A long couple of weeks