One week down

     It's been one week.  I still have one week to wait for my mammogram and ultrasound.  There is another lump in my breast.  I'm hoping it's just a cyst or something non cancerous. 
     I go through cycles of how I feel.  I feel fine most days. I stay busy and occupy my mind so I'm not obsessing over it.  I have my moments when I play,  " what if".... but I think I've come to terms with what if.  I can't change anything, good or bad, so I figure I gotta just keep on keeping on.
     If I happen to end up with the big "C" then we'll handle it.  Not much else we can do.  No sense in freaking out.  I don't want my family to worry either.  My daughter already freaked out about it.  Made me feel terrible.  So I'm trying to put on a brave face and not let it bother me. 
     I have exactly one week.  Then maybe longer? Like if they want to do a biopsy or something.  Ugh.  I do hate the waiting though.  Its tough, I won't lie.  But I'll get there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastectomy Time

You do have a lump

A long couple of weeks