You do have a lump

 Friday was my appt day.  I arrived 10 minutes early.  Not too early, but early enough.  I was weighed and checked in by the male nurse.  He left the room, and I proceeded to wait for 40 minutes!!! Yes! Over 30 minutes I waited! Wth?!
    The Dr finally did the manual breast exam, asked me questions. Let me know that I do indeed have a lump in my breast.  Yup.... already knew that.  She told me I needed an ultrasound and a mammogram.  That I could call them right after my appt and I should be able to get in by early this week.  What?!!!
    Wait two to three days?! Noooooo! That's too long.  Right? She can't understand the severity of the problem. I call as soon as I get to the vehicle.  I push 1 for patient, listen carefully for the rest of the agonizingly slow prompts.  Finally a person! I tell her who I am etc.  The Dr's orders are already there.  The next available appt. Is two weeks from now!!!!!! Yes you read that correctly.  2 freakin weeks! Wth? She can't understand the severity of the problem.  I call back and explain who I am again, and ask if there is anything sooner.  Nope.  There sure isn't. 
     Two weeks it is then.  Two weeks to try and occupy my mind.  Two weeks to not think of the sometimes hurting lump in my right breast.  Yeah, no problem.  Ugh!!!!!!
     So I wait.

lucy sig

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastectomy Time

A long couple of weeks